Hose Bib Replacement
From washing your car to watering your lawn, you use your outdoor faucets for a variety of tasks. While they’re designed to last for years, they can become damaged by freezing and thawing over misuse. If your outdoor faucet or hose bib is leaking or showing other signs of damage, True Plumbing can quickly replace it for you.
Signs to Replace Your Outdoor Faucet
You may notice any of these signs on your hose bib. It might be time to replace it.
- Dripping water
- Rusted faucet
- Stripped threading
- Build Up
- Inconsistent water pressure
- Water leaks in the basement
- Water makes strange noises
Types of Hose BibsThere are various types of hose bibs on the market, each to suit a specific purpose. Here are the most popular types of hose bibs.
- Standard Hose Bib: To prevent any damage, you will need to turn off the water supply and open the valve to the spigot in winter.
- Frost-free Hose Bib: These hose bibs can be used in colder months without needing to be winterized.
- Loose-key Hose Bib: These hose bibs have what’s known as a “loose key” which can be removed when it isn’t in use.